Will Graham being a panting mess
or more like…behold his sex face
*shifty eyes* for…reference.
Honestly I swear in half of the games of Civ 5 I play I either win or get killed by Caesar in the first 50 turns.
just realised that Hannibal loves Will like Cecil loves Carlos O_O aND SUDDENLY
HANNIBAL AS THE VOICE OF NIGHTVALE
(perfect nightvale irony they picked the dude with the foreign accent only nightvalers can understand)
WILL AS THE OUTSIDER/FBI PROFILER SENT IN TO ACCOUNT FOR NIGHTVALE’S BAFFLINGLY HIGH MORTALITY RATE
THE ARTSY MURDER SCENES COULD BE EVEN MORE SURREAL
HANNIBAL’S DESERT BLUFFS COUNTERPART (LUCAS) IS AN ACTUAL GOOD PERSON.
This is amazing
solamentenic said: FYI: bottom Hannibal is love.
Bottom Hannibal is life
❤ - Tumblr user I would date
❣ - An unpopular opinion I have
⋆ - My personal blog url
❧ - Other websites I’m on
✗ - Skype
☒ - My nickname
☑ - My real name
♞ - My age
✾ - TV series I love
◎ - Relationship status
☄ - My opinion of you
❂ - Post a picture of myself
i’m a good writer, seriously! meme
just a simple little thing for you guys to do with me. put a number in my askbox and i’ll answer accordingly.I’m just going to answer things because I just wanted to do a meme.
the mission, should you accept it, is to stay positive about your writing and yourself, but to also be fair about your shortcomings.
- of the fic you’ve written, which are you most proud of?
- favorite tense (past/present/future)
- favorite POV (first/second/third/etc)
- what are some themes you love writing about?
- what inspires you to write?
- thoughts on critique
- create a character on the spot…. NOW!
- is there a character you love writing for the most? the least? why?
- a passage from a WIP
- what are your strengths wrt writing?
- what are your weaknesses wrt writing?
- what’s your favorite place for writing resources?
- who are your favorite writers?
1. Never Noticed the Rain, The Grand Gesture and Sillage. These were the fics that I didn’t just knock out in an evening while inspired, they took thought and planning and plotting and sweat and tears and swearing. While they’re not the only ones, they are the ones that worked.
2. Past? I don’t think any of the three are my favourite, but then again just reading the tense article on wikipedia states that english only has two tenses, present and non-present. I’m going with ‘non-present’.
3. Third. First can be good if well done but it is very hard to do well. Second has only been done well by Italo Calvino. Third can still be everything first can be (intimate, heartbreaking, twisty) without being awkward.
4. Bad people falling in love, canonically incompetent characters being competent, love not changing the world, bittersweet endings
5. Evenings, things thought of on the bus, things thought of around the 20 minute mark in the shower, sensuality
6. I don’t mind critique, but unsolicited critique, however constructive, can really piss me off.
7. I’m a fanwriter, that’s not in my toolbox. I’m not big on OCs. But I dunno, abandoned grey small dog, some kind of terrier mix, adopted by Hannibal from the streets of Venice to make Will happy. The dog is good at swimming. Will names him Archie. He sheds everywhere. OC DUN STEAL!!!!11!!!
8. I love writing for Bunny Manders, Raffles’ poor accomplice. I kind of hate writing Sherlock Holmes, which is why he’s always a bit of a butt monkey in fics he shows up in.
9. "Her name was Catherine, but she preferred Cathy, and she had the small, sharp teeth of a predator, the fat knot characteristic of female alphas and BtA transgender and a love for risky, primal sex that is characteristic of medical students everywhere. She was small and strong, was an expert in that weird, jerky ritual hybrid of fight and dance that alphas think is the highest artform, and shaved her head obsessively. Hannibal possessed all of the classic omega virtues, he was the kind of beauty that could be prefaced by ‘noted’ if he had no other virtues, and rumours abound around campus that the sculpture professor once fainted at the sight of his cheekbones. He was a great cook, an aesthete that kept their tiny house perfect despite working longer hours than she did. He remained gentle, sensitive, openly devoted and easily hurt, bruises blooming easily on his pale skin a reminder of the fluttering pages of the calendar.
She called him her hothouse orchid, and he killed her on their fifth wedding anniversary.”
10. Probably adjectives and pretty turns of phrase. Maybe porn.
11. Dialogue and structure.
12. Other people’s writing, so AO3, and meta on tumblr.
13. Oh man. I’ll limit this to fan writers who I squee when new things come out but: rageprufrock, yahzee, cesperanza, calico, becks, astolat, katie forsythe, emungere, out_there, thatotherperv, waldorph, screamlet, berry, toft, resonant, randstad - also like a thousand other talented people who once wrote a fic I consider perfect but this list will be pretty long if I included this so here’s my pinboard.
And in that moment I swear we were ineffable.
The album also featured samples of audio recordings made by Poe’s father, film director Tad Danielewski. The cassettes were found by Poe and Mark after their father had died and were literally audio-letters to the two of them that spanned back as far as their birth. Thus, the album is usually interpreted as a real woman (Poe) singing tributes to her deceased father (who sings back) even while telling the story of a group of fictional characters (from House of Leaves).
important aspect of this book that is largely ignored by grognards
I’ve failed out of House of Leaves twice but this album has been my favourite for a really, really long time.
I got a blabbr.
If you down to chat, hit me up. I’m cicaklah. I like talking in allcaps.